- When using another person’s ideas, reference it. By referencing it we mean stating the internet source or other source that you obtained the material from.
- Do not use any material from another student, i.e. not from a present student’s work or from a past student’s work.
- Do not allow another student to copy your work for an assessment.
- At most only 5 – 10% of your assessment should be from other sources. The point of an assessment is to test your knowledge and understanding of a topic, not someone else’s knowledge and understanding.
- Ignore claims from others that everyone is doing it and you won’t get caught – the chances are you will.
Some helpful information about plagiarism can be found at Plagiarism.org.
You might also be interested in this article about Plagiarism A plagiarism on them all